Thursday, April 10, 2008

Alexa & Banner Advertising

Hello Again!

Wow, it's been a crazy busy week for me. There is sooo much to learn about internet marketing! This last week I learned about Alexa and how to use it when I'm looking for sites to advertise my banner on. It's actually pretty simple. You put in a keyword like "at home business" and you get a list of sites on this topic. The great thing about it is you can actually see how the site is ranked and how much traffic it gets. If it gets enough traffic, and currently has banner advertisements like mine, then I can actually contact them and let them know I'd like to try out my banner on their sit. That's it!

It's an interesting concept. You want to advertise to the right audience. You also want to stretch your marketing budget. So by using Alexa, you can target your ad to reach a smaller, but a more interested crowd. Let's face it, I want to reach people who are ready to buy, not a bunch of tire kickers who will waste my time.

My goal is to start with about 5 websites by the end of the week. Each week I will continue to add to the list. I should be able to make a significant increase in the number of daily leads that are coming through the system, and of course, more sales!!

Next time I'll talk about safelist advertising and the impact it's had on my lead generation stats.

Happy Marketing!
Arlina

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Alexa is a great tool to have at your fingertips, isn't it? Thanks for sharing how useful and easy you find working with it.